Web Chat Static
The purpose of this implementation is not to reference a particular module, since there is none specific to chat, but rather, to demonstrate how easy it is to make web chat functionality accessible for screen reader users:
- Activate the Chat button to open the chat dialog.
- Focus will be set on the chat message field after it opens.
- Type a message and press Enter to send.
- Incoming messages will be announced to screen reader users automatically. (Supported in all modern screen readers that correctly support the use of ARIA, foremost of these are: JAWS, NVDA, and Voiceover)
- Keyboard only users can press Shift+Tab from the message field to set focus on the chat window, then use the arrow keys to scroll through the content.
- Activate the Close icon to close the chat dialog.